Alternative natural aids
Homeopathy uses natural plants, minerals or animals as raw materials, and advocates “treating the same with the same”, with unique micro-dose to treat symptoms caused by the same substance. For example, a micro-dose of coffee is used to treat insomnia. The micro-dose sends a signal to the body and relies on the body’s functions to adjust itself to relieve symptoms. Homeopathy does not pursue provocative words such as “extra-strong” and “quick-acting”. It has its effects in prevention and treatment, and is widely recognized in Europe and the United States. Regulated by the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia, it is an officially recognized medical treatment. The French homeopathic expert Boiron Baron, with more than 80 years of pharmaceutical history, is a well-known brand in France. From the perspective of users, Boiron designs homeopathic medicines to be convenient and easy to use, so that the general public can experience the benefits of homeopathy.
Homeopathy and modern medicine
From a medical professional point of view, the most important thing is “Do no harm”. The micro-dose of homeopathy is not accompanied by side effects like traditional western medicine. Many European and Western doctors use homeopathic medicines in their daily diagnosis and treatment. A large French study (EPI3 Study) reflects that modern medicine combined with homeopathy can greatly reduce the use of antibiotics and other prescription drugs:
- 825 family doctors, 8559 patients
- Three types of illnesses: common cold, myalgia, sleep disorder and anxiety
- Comparison between family doctors who cooperate with homeopathic medicines and family doctors who only use western medicine: the treatment effect is similar.
- Reduce prescription antibiotics by 57%1; 46% anti-inflammatory analgesics2; 71% psychiatric drugs3
- Therefore reducing antibiotic resistance, reducing drug side effects and dependence
For minor illnesses such as colds and flu, try natural and mild homeopathic medicines. However, patients with more serious or chronic diseases should follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Grimaldi-Bensouda, L. et al.Management of upper respiratory tract infections by different medical practices, including homeopathy, and consumption of antibiotics in primary care: the EPI3 cohort study in France 2007-2008 . PLoS One,2014;
- Rossignol, M. et al.Impact of physician preferences for homeopathic or conventional medicines on patients with musculoskeletal disorders: results from the EPI3-MSD cohort.Drug Saf., 2012; 21: 1093-1101
- Grimaldi-Bensouda, L. et al.Who seeks primary care for sleep, anxiety and depressive disorders from physicians prescribing homeopathic and other complementary medicine? Results from the EPI3 population survey.BMJ Open, 2012;2